Twelve of the best licensees in the country are in contention for one of the industry's most prestigious awards.
The BII has unveiled the semi-finalists in this year's Licensee of the Year competition. They are:
• Kim Barker, The Ship Inn, St Austell, Cornwall
• Daniel Da Costa, St Christopher's Inn, Southwark, London
• Lee & Keris de Villiers, The Pig & Whistle, Wandsworth, London
• Marc Duvauchelle, The Old Custom House, Portsmouth
• Mark Holden & Justin Barnett, The Victoria Inn, Truro, Cornwall
• Simon Mills, The Harvester, Long Itchington, Warwickshire
• Christopher Norfolk, The Elm Tree, Elmton, Derbyshire
• Mark Shaw, The Castle Inn, Castle Donnington, Leicestershire
• Jessica Stanton & Russ Matterson, The Halfway House, Polbathic, Cornwall
• Mark & Penny Thornhill, The King's Head, Hursley, Hampshire
• Rachel Watson, The George IV, Chiswick, London
• Alex & Tanya Williams, Polgooth Inn, St Austell, Cornwall
More than 200 people entered the competition which will see the winner receive the title, sponsored by Sky, at the BII's Summer Event in June.
Chief judge and 2013 Licensee of the Year winner Ashley McCarthy said: "Every year, the entrants continue to raise the bar, and 2018 is no exception.
"It has been really tough to decide on the final 12, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing these pubs in person and getting to know the semi-finalists."