Bing is the second biggest search engine in the world. Whilst not as important as Google, you should still look to use it as many mobile customers will be using it as it came with the phone.
Similar to Google business, Bing Places is a free tool whereby you can manage your information on for searches on the platform.
To claim or set up your Bing Places listing, follow these instructions:
- To start visit: https://www.bingplaces.com/
- Select sign in from the top right of the page.
- You can setup a new account or use your existing Google account to sign in. Or alternatively, you can use Facebook. NB: we’d recommend you use Google as it will help to manage the searches.
- From the right side select: Add new business.
- On the next page select: No, I am adding a business which does not belong to a chain.
- Search for your business, the vast majority will be on the site already. If not you can select my business is not listed here, where you can then fill out and list all of the details.
7. Fill out all of the details on the listing
8. Finally, you will have to verify the business. You can do this by post, phone or email.
- By post, you will be sent a postcard which contains a number. Once it arrives you can then verify the listing.
- By phone, you will receive an automated call with a number. Enter the number to claim the listing. This will have to be the landline. If your number is not listed you will have to try by email or post.
- By email, you will be sent a number to the associated email. This will have to be the accepted email of the site. If you don’t control that email you will have to try phone or post.
9. Once verified your details will be updated (allow 4 days for these to be accepted).