A guide on how to add Google Analytics to your website to allow you to monitor your website traffic.
Google Analytics is a free tool with which you can monitor web traffics to your website. The vast majority of customers will come to your website through Google, particularly new customers. It gives you a greater insight into how you are doing and also how you can increase the reach & effectiveness of your website. It requires you to add some code to your website. If you have an Inapub website please contact us to add it. Or alternately have the person who manages your website to add it for you.
- Login to your Google account. You must have control of the Google business listing to do this. If you have not done this, then please see our guide on how to do so.
- Go to Google.com/analytics.
- Click the sign up/in option.
- You will need to create an account username and then a website name.
- Enter your website url. Ensure you pick the correct HTTP or HTTPS from your dropdown. If you do not the code generated for your website will be wrong, and therefore not work.
- Select the correct time zone. The default is an American time zone. Your tracking won’t make sense if you do not change this.
- Click your tracking ID at the bottom of your page.
- This will generate a HTML code. Add this to the header code section of your website. Or have your website supplier add it.
- Once added, check to make sure the data is being supplied.
- After 1 week, fortnight or month check back to see what people are looking at on your website. Use that data to your advantage to see how you can improve.