Do you know how much profit is chilling in your back-bar fridge?
Did you know your fridge is your secret salesman, showcasing products that are in growing demand and offer significant profit margins?
Are you making the most of this opportunity to drive sales?
Diageo, a global leader in beverage alcohol, has teamed up with Inapub to help licensees unlock the potential of their fridge space.
Research by CGA shows that the packaged category, including bottled fruit ciders and craft beers stocked in the fridge, is a huge profit opportunity for pubs — worth nearly £2.4bn to the on-trade*.
On top of that, you can get more value out of these products. For while products stocked in fridges account for 12 per cent of on-trade volume, they make up 20 per cent of the value*, meaning this is an area that should be given plenty of attention.
And with categories such as packaged fruit cider, world lager and premium lager all in growth* there is huge potential for you to maximise your margins.
To help you make the most of your fridge an expert from Diageo will visit the winning pub to provide market-leading advice and support.
The tips they give you and the profits you make as a result will then be showcased in later issues of Inapub.
And if that wasn't enough you will also receive £250 of stock in the form of these innovative brands:
Pimm's Cider Cup
Shaking up the cider category, the Pimm's Cider Cup combines classic Pimm's No.1 spirit with English Cider and a hint of classic Pimm's strawberry and cucumber flavours
Guinness West Indies Porter
One of the original — and hugely successful — beers from the Guinness Brewers Project
Hop House 13
The five per cent double-hopped lager is the latest brew to emerge from the Guinness Brewers Project
Please include the words 'Diageo secret salesman competition' in the subject line.
* All stats from CGA Strategy Brand Index MAT data to 28/11/2015
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is only open to residents of the UK (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) aged 18 years and over. Proof of age may be required.
2. Promotion excludes employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, any agencies of the Promoter or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
3. The winning pub must be eligible to stock Diageo products.
4. There is one prize available, as outlined in the competition above. There is no cash alternative.
5. To the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered or sustained as a result of participation in or use of any prize. The Promoter does not recommend or guarantee the performance of any contractual or other obligations of any third parties associated with the prize and shall not be liable for any fraud committed by any third party. Prize may be subject to additional third party terms and conditions.
6. There is no alternative to the prize available.
7. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be notified in March 2015.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
10. All entries will become the property of the Promoter and the competition sponsor. No entries can be returned or copied to the entrant.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the terms and conditions. Entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
12. Winners may be required to participate in such publicity as reasonably required by the Promoter.
13. The Promoter: Inapub, 9 Britannia Court, The Green, West Drayton, UB7 7PN.
14. The name of the winner will be available on the Inapub trade website, magazine and mentioned on our social media channels, Twitter and Facebook.