After years of raising toasts to the industry, the industry has raised one back to Andrew Griffiths MP, by naming him Beer Drinker of the Year.
The Conservative for Burton on Trent picked up the award at the recent All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group Dinner.
He was chairman of the group for five years before his appointment as Government Whip.
New chairman Mike Wood MP said: "It is hugely appropriate that Andrew Griffiths is our Beer Drinker of the Year as he is the MP for Burton on Trent, truly one of the world's brewing capitals.
"As chairman of the Beer Group, he has probably done more to change the political fortunes of beer than anyone in recent history. He has successfully shown Ministers that beer and pubs are not the problem but part of the solution – massive employers, vital to communities and British to the core."
The Beer Group also presented a number of other awards at the dinner:
• Brewer of the Year: Florent Vialan, Purity Brewing Company.
• Lifetime Achievement: Paul Nunny, Cask Marque.
• Beer Parliamentarian of the Year: Sheryll Murray, MP for South East Cornwall.
• Pub Parliamentarian of the Year: Gavin Shuker, MP for Luton South.
• PubAid Award: Joseph Holt Brewery.
Andrew Griffiths is pictured with former Pubs Minister Brandon Lewis MP, who is now Minister of State for Immigration.