The cricketing legend unveiled the collection of wines from Australia last week at Lord's.
Beefy has always been passionate about wine, as he told Inapub a few years ago, and said he had always wanted to make his own.
He's joined forces with Benchmark Drinks to make the range, which will be available from this autumn. They currently comprise:
- An Australian Shiraz
- An Australian Cabernet Sauvignon
- An Australian Chardonnay
The Botham Series
- The 81 Series Barossa Shiraz, which represents the year Beefy led England to victory in the Ashes.
- The 76 Series Margaret River Chardonnay, representing the year he first scored 1,000 runs in one season.
- The 80 Series Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon, to represent the year he became the first player in test history to score a century and take 10 wickets in the same match.
The Sir Ian Botham Parcels
- A Barossa Valley Single Vineyard Shiraz
- An Adelaide Hills Chardonnay
- A Coonawarra Cabernet Sauvignon (blended with his old mate and winemaking legend, Geoff Merrill).
"I knew the style of wine I was looking for, and I wanted to bring exceptional but fairly priced wines to market," Sir Ian said.
"We have focused the first phase of our launch on Australian wines and we are looking forward to presenting new origins and products in the near future – watch this space!"
When developing the brand Benchmark Drinks undertook research which suggested that 4.6m wine drinkers would "definitely try" a wine that had Sir Ian's name on it. The same research also showed that 13 million consumers claim they find it difficult to choose a wine and over 19 million say they just look for a name that they recognise.
The wines can all be pre-ordered via www.bothamwines.com, before they roll out in the autumn.