As if we needed an excuse to partake in some of the hazelnut & chocolate spread, Monday February 5 has been designated World Nutella Day
Licensees are being urged to take part in celebrations by promoting such treats as:
- Mini Pancakes with Nutella & fruit
- Mini Sandwiches with Nutella & strawberries
- Porridge topped with Nutella
Recipes can be found on the brand-owner Ferrero Foodservice's website, alongside promotional material such as posters.
"A huge number of cafes, hotels and restaurants across the UK took part last year which is why we have created the hub on the website to help you get the most out of 5th February 2018," said Zareen Deboo, foodservice channel operations manager, Ferrero UK & Ireland.
"With seven out of ten people expecting to see Nutella on menus (Toluna research 2015), we want to help our valued customers get the most out of the day and benefit from its popularity throughout the year."
World Nutella Day was started 11 years ago by a fan of the brand, Sara Rosso, and has grown bigger each year.
Nutella fun facts:
- You could circle the world 1.8 times with the amount of Nutella® produced in a year
- You could cover the Great Wall of China 8 times with the number of jars of Nutella® sold in a year.
- The amount of Nutella® produced in 1 year weighs the same as the Empire State Building.