How to update your drinks offering online
Keeping your drinks menu updated online will give potential customers a good indication of what's on offer before they arrive.
If you are a pub that's big on cask ale, it's a great way to let people know what's on the taps.
Here's how you do it with SocialConnect:
Now read the full instructions below:
- From the Dashboard, click on the Drinks tab on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on the Search Drinks box at the top and start typing the name of the ale, lager, cider brewery or brand that you’d like to add. As you start typing, a list of drinks will pop up – click on the drink that you’d like to add.
- Select Regular or Guest in Status to let your customers know which products are always on and which are occasional.
- Use Share to open the Social Media connection and post a message to your Facebook and/or Twitter accounts about your new drink.
- By default, all products will be marked Live. Untick this if you want to temporarily remove a product from your site but will have it back on sale again soon. Tick to mark Live again when ready.
- If a drink has come permanently off sale, tap Delete to remove it completely from your website.
- Use the arrows to reorder the drinks within your page so that you can highlight or priorities products based on your requirements.
- Use Create New Drink to manually enter a particular product that you have been unable to find in our database. This may be a seasonal craft beer that has not yet appeared on our database or a cocktail you sell with your own ingredients.
- Give the new drink a Title and select a Category so that it is displayed correctly on your website. Then enter the product’s ABV if known, how it is served, and type in a description. Save will add this to your list for you to then promote as above.
- You can also Upload PDFs to provide downloadable versions of your drinks price list or wine menu.