The Fox & Hounds in Theale, Berkshire has won the title for its "paw-sonalised" dog menus, comfy dog beds and array of water bowls for pooches of all shapes and sizes.
Over 2,500 pubs entered this year's competition, which is run by Rover, a network of dog sitters and walkers. The awards are intended to celebrate pubs with dog-friendly initiatives and encourage pubs across the country to welcome four legs as well as two.
"Winning this award keeps us firmly on the map as the place to bring your woofer whether you fancy a drink, lunch or dinner," said The Fox & Hounds landlady, Jayne Tilsey.
"Welcoming dogs into the pub keeps us a community hub and ensures there's always a conversation point! Being dog friendly is the best part of my day - we love meeting new dogs and getting to fuss them."
The thousands of entries were voted on by dog-lovers in each region with 17,000 votes placed in total. The twelve finalists (listed below) were then assessed by a panel of judges.
- The Fox & Hounds, Theale (South East & National winner)
- The Keel Row, Whitley Bay (North East winner)
- The Dog at Grundisburgh (East of England winner)
- The Oak at Baginton (West Midlands winner)
- The Lion at Basford, Nottingham (East Midlands winner)
- The Maltings, Warrington (North West winner)
- The Ship Inn, Teignmouth (South West winner)
- Wags N Tales, Surbiton (London winner)
- The Calder Vale Hotel, Wakefield (Yorkshire winner)
- The Sun Trevor, Llangollen (Wales winner)
- The Stables, Glasgow (Scotland winner)
- Sunflower Public House, Belfast (N. Ireland winner)
Simon Le Grice from Rover said, "It's been wonderful to see such a high standard of dog-friendly pubs across the country this year.
"We've had so many fantastic entries, it made judging really tough! For the fourth year running we - with the help of dog lovers up and down the country - have been searching for the best of the best when it comes to dog-friendly pubs, and with The Fox & Hounds at Theale, we've found just that."